As a person without a TV set (by choice), I by no means pretend that I never watch shows and such. I, for instance, have enjoyed "Desperate Housewives," "Lipstick Jungle," "The Tudors," and even watched a bit of "Cashmere Mafia." Josie and I, too, frequently watch cartoons on youtube - the Soviet classics, as well as videos of various birds and what not. Eventually, I came across Russian world lullaby project - a series of videos featuring lullabies in different languages, accompanied by animation. I thought it was a great project all around. And here's my favorite (Turkish) one, which I actually began to sing to Josie and which she's been kinda learning too.
Oh, and the story is very familiar - I had cows get out on me once in May two years ago, where they got into the freshly planted garden (cows are attracted to bare dirt), and ate the tops of every single cabbage-related plant, so that felt terrible. We got intelligent since, and placed a fake ("unplugged") electric fence around the garden, and that kept them out when they got out again.
P.S.: I also loved the project because it was heaping with unsubtle cultural stereotypes, and I am a sucker for those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment