A nice shot of Emily Dickinson before bed:
The robin is the one
That interrupts the morn
With hurried, few, express reports
When March is scarcely on.
I think robin has one of the most beautiful, distinct mating songs, much welcomed this time of the year:
And, while I am at it, here's the song of my other favorite bird, the Northern cardinal, which is also singing right now (I think it's got a great song, as distinct as its arresting appearance):
Cardinals are wonderfully loyal - they stick around and keep coming back if you set out the food for them. And a robin is now waking me up every morning, just like the great poet indicated. I have a crab apple tree in my yard and a nice, big pasture/lawn in the front, and them robins just love both.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment