Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why Live in the Country

There are lots of good reasons to live in the country, some of them more obvious than others. Here are mine:

1. You can grow a lot of your own food and "eat healthy" as people like to say these days.

2. If you are into gardening and birding, you can pursue those hobbies infinitely.

3. You and your children can enjoy fresh air.

4. Children will also enjoy a private park that is a farm, with a wide number of free and natural attractions (not counting property taxes, of course).

5. If you like the concept of a datscha - what every good Soviet is well familiar with - a country estate is like living on a datscha/resort all year round.

6. You can eat al fresco pretty much every warm and dry day of the year.

7. When you want a fancy steak, you head to the freezer, not the store. Not to mention that it costs much less than in a store.

8. Your children get to enjoy a mini-zoo.

9. Your children have something to do with themselves in the summer, which does not involve screen time. That's right - I mean chores.

10. Ditto for yourself and your spouse.

11. You never need to go to the gym or worry about your weight (not that I did before). As I said, you are already eating pretty darn healthy, and that involves fried chicken and red meat and fresh milk (if you don't wanna be milking - like I don't, there's always someone who does).

12. If you like wood heat, like I do, you can enjoy it all you want. And remember, firewood heats you twice!

13. Not only eating can be done al fresco...

No comments: