Friday, April 25, 2008

New Title

Just to keep things fresh, I changed the blog title! The reference is of course to the known children's book, but, more generally, its purpose is to reflect the fact that we make our home in the rural area rich with wildlife (some forms of which are more welcome than others), as opposed to the urban setting. I also always liked the word "wild" - it suggested some romanticized non-conformity, some edge - while also evoking conservationism and ecology, the subject of my recent interest.

The lyrics in the "blog description" section are from the "Lovely Agnes" - a song by Sally Rogers. Jacob definitely wanted that song performed at the wedding, although it wasn't in the end. Julia sang "In This Heart" by Sinead O'Connor in church instead. I am pretty that Jacob's high school ex Kate helped harmonize. Those of you who were there will maybe remember this song:



I love the first verse, naturally, with my recent interest in birdwatching:

In this heart lies for you
A lark born only for you
Who sings only to you
My love
My love
My love

No comments: